1. Classification and Growth of Seeds - Life Science
Observe the characteristics and growth of seeds.
2. A Bean is Born - Life Science
Observe structures and functions of a seed. Measure the growth of leaves, stems and roots.
3. Landforms - Earth Science
Build clay models, identify, and name landforms as surface features.
4. Camouflage Hide-'n-Seek - Life Science
Color an animal to blend with the environment.
5. Water Cycle - Physical Science
Experiment with water as a liquid and a gas.
6. Whirly Air Mobile - Physical Science
Construct a simple detector of air movement. Explore air as a form of energy.
7. Bubbles and Suds - Physical Science
Investigate the characteristics of physical and chemical change by making a mixture that bubbles up and spills over the glass.
8. Leapin' Shadows - Earth Science
Construct a sundial and observe the shadow change.
9. Magnetic Strength - Physical Science
Test the force and strength of a magnet.
10. Salt and Sand - Physical Science
Experiment with dissolving and mixing substances.
11. Scent Signals for Mother and Baby (Group Activity) - Life Science
Role play how animals find family members through scent.
12. Sound Signals for Mother and Baby (Group Activity) - Life Science
Recognize how animals identify family members through sound.
13. Robins and Worms - Life Science
Demonstrate how birds find and gather food.